As Diplomacy is valuable to such a broad range of professions and research fields, we pride ourselves in hosting students from a variety of backgrounds who have come to expand their knowledge and skills in an engaging, interdisciplinary learning environment. It is an environment ideal for optimal intellectual enrichment, with seminar based classes focused on tapping the full research skills of academics and experience of diplomatic practitioners. Our courses spark learning and ideas at all levels that might be applied in a persons career or extended in further academic research.
APCD offers a Master of Diplomatic Studies, a Doctor of Diplomatic Studies (professional doctorate) and PhD. Students are also able to combine an initial field of study with a Master of Diplomacy combined degree.
Why study at APCD?
At APCD we offer:
- a degree from Australia's leading research university
- access to top class courses designed to enhance both knowledge and practical skills
- access to high-profile visiting academics and policy makers from all over the world
- participation in annual coastal retreats
- funding for PhD fieldwork and conference attendance
- a fully-equipped individual or shared office space for PhD students
- first-class PhD supervision and preparation by academics recognised by their peers as research leaders
- a dedicated Program Administrator to advise and support students
Combined degree fields of study
- International Relations
- Strategic Studies
- International Law
- Asia-Pacific Studies
- Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies
- International and Development Economics
- Public Policy
- Public Administration
- Environmental Management and Development